This gives you a visual representation of your supply chains, and highlights the unique journeys of your different products.
📢 This step is required for external communication and transparency, and similarly important for the tracing of products.
For your first product, a new supply chain must be created.
- Go to ‘Supply Chains’ in the navigation bar.
- Click the + button to create a new supply chain.
- Give it a name (anything you like!) and click ‘+ Create supply chain’.
- Click on the pencil button on the right to edit and update the supply chain.
- Click on the + button in the tier level where you would like to add a company.
- A pop-up will appear, where you can then select a company from your supplier network in a drop down menu. After determining the company, click the ‘Select’ button.
- You will see a yellow exclamation mark next to the newly added company - this is because they are not yet connected to another company. Use your cursor to hover over the company box, click + hold + drag your cursor to the company you want to connect with. Now the company link has been made! 🤝
- Continue until the product's supply chain has been mapped.
💡 You can also input the shipment method (air, land, or sea) between companies by clicking on the company link.
You can create as many supply chain variations as you need, which will be needed to link your different products' journeys. In the future, when in a product page, you can either select from existing supply chains you've already created, or create new ones as needed.
To learn how to connect a product to a mapped supply chain, check out this article.